Global sales from industrial robots exports by country amounted to US$4.5 billion in 2016.
Overall, the value of industrial robots exports were up by an average 17.4% for all exporting countries since 2012 when industrial robots shipments were valued at $3.8 billion. Year over year, export shipments of industrial robots appreciated by 7% from 2015 to 2016.
The 6-digit Harmonized Tariff System code prefix for industrial robots used for multiple purposes is 847950.
Top Industrial Robots Exporters
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of industrial robots during 2016:
- Japan: US$1.6 billion (36% of total industrial robots exports)
- Germany: $639.7 million (14.2%)
- Italy: $293.4 million (6.5%)
- France: $250.7 million (5.5%)
- United States: $193.5 million (4.3%)
- South Korea: $179.5 million (4%)
- Austria: $156.6 million (3.5%)
- China: $155.3 million (3.4%)
- Sweden: $143.6 million (3.2%)
- Taiwan: $107.3 million (2.4%)
- Denmark: $76.3 million (1.7%)
- Spain: $74.6 million (1.7%)
- United Kingdom: $62.7 million (1.4%)
- Canada: $59.4 million (1.3%)
- Belgium: $57.5 million (1.3%)
The listed 15 countries shipped 90.2% of global industrial robots exports in 2016 by value.
Among the above countries, the fastest-growing industrial robots exporters since 2012 were: Denmark (up 188.2%), Spain (up 74.7%), Belgium (up 74.1%) and the United Kingdom (up 64.4%).
Two countries posted declines in their exported industrial robots sales namely Sweden (down -5.4%) and Germany (down -3.1%).
Top Robotics Exporting Companies
According to global trade intelligence firm Zepol, 5 multinational suppliers lead international export sales of robotics:
- Kawasaki Heaving Industries (Japan)
- Abb Engineering Shanghai (China)
- Fanuc (Japan)
- Engel Austria (Austria)
- Yushin Precision Equipment (Japan)